Become a member of the DAV - the benefits
- Take part in training courses and learn about all the important aspects of practicing alpine sports.
- Take advantage of attractive section-led tour programmes under qualified guidance.
- Get to know touring partners and like-minded people.
- Free or discounted access to maps, guides and books in the DAV libraries.
- Receive a free copy of the DAV Panorama mountaineering magazine six times a year, delivered straight to your door.
- Discounted overnight stays at over 2000 Alpine Club huts.
- Exclusive access to self-catering huts.
- Discounted food and drinks for DAV members.
- Enjoy worldwide insurance cover for all alpine sports with the Alpine Security Service (ASS). Claims are processed via the Würzburger Versicherungs-AG. General terms and conditions of insurance apply.
- Up-to-date and practice-orientated information about alpine sport safety, updated by the DAV safety research team.
- Adventure, enjoyment and challenges for young and old alike.
- Opportunity to take part in attractive tours and trips.
- Discounts on trips organised by the DAV Summit Club.
- Free or discounted entry to DAV climbing centres all over Germany.
- Sponsorship scheme for up-and-coming juniors and top climbers.
- Both financial and non-financial support of the club, which stands for the unity of mountain sports and nature.
- Opportunity to complete official training and become a licensed expert trainer.
- Work on environmental construction sites and assist with the upkeep of the alpine trail network.
- Help with the renovation and maintenance of Alpine Club huts.
- If you are interested, you can engage voluntarily in one of the many areas of the sections’ work.